GGP Consult was commissioned to provide Civil and Structural Engineering support for the NIPPON GOHSEI UK Ltd Soarnol (Ethylene Vinyl Alcohol Copolymer) manufacturing plant extension in Hull, UK.
In order to support the project GP provided the following services:
- Site Survey of existing plant
- Geo-environmental Site Investigation Report
- Structural design of 3rd Hopper Drier support structure, associated pipe supports, bridges and access platforms
- Civil design of 3rd Hopper Drier piled concrete base, associated plant and pipe support plinths -Structural design of Methanol pipe gantry, associated pipe supports and access platforms
- Civil design of Methanol Tank bund walls & slab to COMAH regulations, design of piled tank base and associated pipe & steelwork plinths.
- Structural design of support steelwork for various misc pipework
- Civil design of supporting foundations for cooling tower and all new structures to water retaining standards.
- Civil design of Chiller concrete piled base, plinth and pipe support plinths - Steel fabrication packages
- Reinforced concrete detailing and associated schedules for all areas - Technical assistance during fabrication and construction
The project was completed successfully in 2013.